|May 19 , 2009
Tweet schedulers enhance productivity
Six free tools for pre-posting tweets
At the recent Massive Technology Show, a panel of social media experts discussed how to save time and increase productivity when using Twitter. Instead of being limited by posting real-time Twitter messages, called Tweets, users can actually pre-post messages day or night by using one of the following six free Tweet schedulers.
1. twAitter – Users can select from a personal or business account and both are free. Sign up is simple; just enter the Twitter username and password. In just seconds, a simple and clean interface is displayed showing pertinent Twitter information including followers, following, updates and more.
- Schedule Tweets in advance and also select end dates
- A handy calendar is included
- Automatic RSS feed
- Schedule Tweets to repeat on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis
- There is no URL shortener with this service.
2. TwitBabble – TwitBabble is a free download. Users can send messages to Twitter straight from the computer desktop.
- Tweet directly from the computer desktop
- Create scheduled messages
- View and send direct messages
- View followers and replies
- Share photographs with others
- Shortened URL service
- A small icon is placed in the computer system tray for easy access.
3. Twuffer – Twuffer offers a no-frills service with a simple interface. No registration is required to use this service; simply enter the Twitter username and password to begin.
- Pre-Tweet hourly, daily or monthly
- Includes a handy appointment and milestone reminder
- Users can only send Tweets on the hour and no re-occurrence option is available.
4. FutureTweets – Users can register in two ways; select a username, password and email or simply use OpenID. Email validation is required prior to using the service. The FutureTweets interface is user-friendly, clean and simple.
- Tweet scheduler
- Repeat Tweets on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis
- Send an upside-down Tweet just for fun
- There is no URL shortener with FutureTweets.
5. HootSuite – To begin using this free service, register, add Twitter account information and wait for confirmation email.
- Tweet scheduler
- Can use multiple Twitter accounts at the same time
- View pending Tweets and statistics
- URL shortener
- Hootlet bookmark applet
- Ping.fm integration
- RSS/Atom feeds
- Email notification option
- View DMs, Stats, Faves, Search, Sent and Pending Tweets from the control panel
- Generate revenue by embedding Google AdSense code into Tweets
- No re-occurrence feature is included in the service.
6. TweetLater - There are two versions of TweetLater – a free and paid professional. To start using this service, register with a username, password, email address, real name and time zone. A step-by-step tutorial is also available.
- Multiple Twitter accounts option
- Save and reuse draft Tweets
- Track keywords
- Send automated DMs to new followers
- Publish within 60 seconds or a specific time
- Includes an automatic URL shortener and tracker
- Automatic follow and unfollow options
- Direct message purger
- Free newsletter
- The re-occurrence option is only available with the professional version.