| March 17, 2009
Redesigned site aims to be one-stop resource for investors
Test your investment IQ at Globe & Mail's upgraded website
The Globe and Mail has raised the bar for online investing with their redesigned Globeinvestor.com. The site won’t officially launch until next month but visitors can preview some of the new features and test their own level of investment knowledge with the new Investor iQ Quiz at www.globeinvestor.com.
The redesigned site will offer a complete one-stop resource for investors and include tools for tracking investment. New upgrades include a redesigned tool set, simplified navigation, faster access to information, and more up-to-the minute news.
"Smart analysis and insight are invaluable to investors making decisions, especially during these economic times," said Phillip Crawley, Publisher and CEO of The Globe and Mail. "Canadian investors come to Globeinvestor.com looking for unbiased information and solid knowledge to help them make better choices about their money."
Some of the hottest new features to watch for include:
- new personalized market alerts to keep investors abreast of breaking developments
- fully integrated watchlist tool that can track stocks, funds and ETFs in one place
- expanded market data and live market coverage
- comprehensive information for Canadian stock and fund data
- advice, insights, industry news and information
- a new focus on education and personal finance
- videos and blogs by ROB's top columnists
- how-to videos for new investors and visitors
"Globeinvestor.com is a gathering place for Canadian investors. It is a highly credible and engaging environment for advertisers to reach consumers while they are focused on their money and their future," said Andrew Saunders, Vice President, Advertising Sales, The Globe and Mail. "The design and content enhancements will make Globeinvestor an even more powerful vehicle for advertisers to reach a highly desirable and larger consumer audience."