December 1 , 2009
Sears Canada redesigns shopping site
Fresh new look and expanded features
Sears Canada Inc. has launched their newly redesigned www.sears.ca website. The new bilingual site has been updated with a fresh new look, increased functionality and even more user-friendly features.
"Sears.ca has had the most extensive merchandise selection in Canada since it first launched approximately 10 years ago and we continue to make improvements that make sears.ca a leader in online retailing," said Dene Rogers, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sears Canada Inc. "We are committed to delivering the best possible online shopping experience, and customers logging on today will see that we have greatly improved search capability, navigation, and product information, as well as the number of items offered for sale. As we head into the busiest shopping time frame of the year, our updated site will be a win for our customers who are looking for convenience, speed and reliability."
Through a full-scale transformation, the new sears.ca design is more streamlined and dramatically improves the customer's online experience. In addition to showcasing the best selection of products and promotions, the site includes new features that make it easier to browse, navigate and use; more integrated services and an even wider selection of products. The new sears.ca positions Sears to provide an unparalleled online shopping experience to customers.
- Search Tool: Functionality has improved so that searches result in displaying relevant terms and related products. More descriptive categories allow customers to "self select" from results to access more items. The search tool now provides a universal site search allowing access to services and content on the site in addition to product.
- Comparison Tool: Displays selected products side-by-side so that comparing product information like the measurements/sizes, brand, colour and price is easy and convenient.
- Share function: Improved to make it easy to share product information, Wishlists and content via e-mail and popular sites such as Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon and Myspace.
- Store Locator: An integration with Google Maps so that finding store locations is quick and easy. New map function makes it easy to search a city or region for stores and to quickly access their address and contact information.
- Wishlist: New section for users to comment about selected products and a rating system that allows customers to rank items on their list from "must have" to "nice to have", making it simple and fun for gift givers to make selections and browse lists. Using the new "share function" customers can share their lists with others easily.
- Answer Area: New to the Home Installed Products and Services section, it is a place to share feedback, ask questions and interact with Sears Canada and other customers.
"Expanding and developing our online presence is a priority for Sears as more and more Canadians go online to shop, share and interact," said Simon Rodrigue, Associate Vice-President, E-Commerce, Sears Canada Inc. "The new site is designed with this in mind; the new layout, increased functionality and exciting new features deliver a first-rate experience for customers."