August 24 , 2010
Kodak offers new camera for the socially savvy
The "ultimate social networking accessory"
Kodak Canada has introduced the new KODAK EASYSHARE M590 Digital Camera, the ultimate social networking accessory for people who love to share their pictures. With Kodak's exclusive Share Button, consumers can tag pictures and videos directly on the camera for effortless uploading to popular social networking sites including Facebook, KODAK Gallery, Flickr and YouTube. Pictures can also be tagged to email and to send to any KODAK PULSE Digital Frame.
The new KODAK EASYSHARE M590 Digital Camera is the world's thinnest* 5X optical zoom digital camera. On top of its sleek, modern and stylish design, the camera also boasts advanced features including Kodak's Face Recognition feature that makes it simple for consumers to find and share the pictures they want, and Kodak's Smart Capture feature that helps them take better pictures automatically.
"We are thrilled to see how consumers have embraced Kodak's Share Button, sharing close to 8 million pictures using this button over the past few months alone," said Phil Scott, Vice President of Marketing, Digital Capture and Devices, Kodak. "With the new KODAK EASYSHARE M590 Digital Camera, we are continuing our commitment to bring to market innovative, intuitive and stylish products that make it fun and easy for today's socially savvy crowd to share all their favorite moments."
Kodak's Share Button gives consumers the ability to share pictures to multiple destinations at once; when they connect the camera to their computer, their pictures are automatically sent to the tagged destinations, saving valuable time and effort.
KODAK M590 Digital Camera Features:
- Share Button for easy upload to KODAK Gallery, Facebook, Flickr, and YouTube sites, as well as email
- World's thinnest* 5X optical zoom digital camera (uses SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON lens)
- Built-in image stabilization
- Kodak's Face Recognition feature
- Kodak's Smart Capture feature
- 2.7-inch bright LCD with KODAK Colour Science technology
- Li-Ion rechargeable batteries and in-camera charging
- HD picture and video capture
- Uses MICROSD/MICROSDHC Card