JumpPoint premiers new website
First ever online custom sticker maker launched
TD mobile app now available for iPhone, iPod touch
19 Canadian works up for Webby Awards
Spider Marketing rides away with new promotion
MobileBits to set new standards in mobile search
CIBC introduces further innovations to mobile banking
SIRIUS Canada launches satellite radio app for BlackBerry
SAS takes social marketing to the enterprise
JumpPoint premiers new website
JumpPoint is pleased to announce the launch of its new corporate website - www.jumppoint.ca. The site features information on JumpPoint, past and present, as well as detailed sections on all of the solutions offered by JumpPoint in the areas of datacentre management, transformation, optimization, public and private cloud solutions and financial services. Where JumpPoint's site differs from many in the industry is in its interactive blog space and the newly opened virtual "JumpPoint Lounge," a one-stop resource for industry and JumpPoint information and expert advice.
"We really tried to make www.jumppoint.ca a true reflection of our organizational culture and our new brand attributes," says Glenn Mowat, President. "The site is designed to engage visitors on several different levels. From providing information on the services and solutions we offer to sharing our partners' successes and updates, to just giving people interested in JumpPoint and the technology industry generally a place to hang out and share their views, it's all there on jumppoint.ca. We think the site meets the needs of all of our stakeholders and we encourage our friends, clients, employees, and partners to visit often."
Founded in 2007 as gloPlug Limited, branded as GPL Solutions and recently rebranded as JumpPoint, we are a leading Canadian company serving the data centre management and transformation services needs of the technology market space. A long-standing partner of three of the largest providers of data storage technologies and software, IBM, NetApp and VMWare, JumpPoint specializes in the management of data through the provision of innovative transformation, optimization, and cloud solutions. All of our technology solutions are supported by exceptional professional and financial services to ensure clients derive maximum value from their infrastructure investments.
Top of Page
First ever online custom sticker maker launched
StickerYou (www.stickeryou.com), is excited to announce the public launch today of an innovative and flexible online service for designing and creating high-quality stickers. StickerYou’s platform offers the ultimate in customization, letting users create their own 8.5” x 10.5” sheets of removable, vinyl stickers, combining uploaded personal images and art from StickerYou’s library of thousands of images.
The first-of-its-kind technology used for StickerYou’s die-cut Sticker Maker means stickers are cut along the outline of the image, and are not limited to a standard square, circle or a particular size. StickerYou believes its breakthrough technology will disrupt the $1 Billion sticker industry.
StickerYou launches with several brand partnerships, including PEANUTS®, Mr. Men and Little Miss™ andStar Trek, with the LEGO® brand, Showtime’s Dexter and additional brands to follow. By partnering with StickerYou, these brands can extend their uniquely shaped iconic images to audiences both online and offline. StickerYou will continue to partner with more brands and artists in the coming months, to expand the library of art available to StickerYou customers.
Through its unique Sticker Maker widget, StickerYou is also giving brand and affiliate partners the opportunity to embed the StickerYou Sticker Maker on their own Web sites.
“We are excited to be partnering with StickerYou to provide fans with the power to create online customized die-cut stickers of their favorite PEANUTS characters with ease,” said Helen Bransfield, Executive Director at United Media, the licensing and syndication company for PEANUTS.
Andrew Witkin, StickerYou’s president and chief executive said, “StickerYou saw a huge opportunity to revolutionize people’s ability to create personalized stickers. We give consumers the right to pick the size, shape and images that they want. The end result is the perfect sticker." Witkin continued, “StickerYou is addressing a market that features an insatiable desire for stickers—from decorating laptops to styling skateboards; from creating bumper stickers to personalizing scrapbooks; or just stickering your logo.” For consumers, marketers, artists, brands and teams, StickerYou's ability to create and order as little as one to a few hundred customized stickers is a powerful proposition. Top of Page
TD Mobile app now out for iPhone, iPad Touch
TD today announced that its free mobile app is now available to download onto iPhone and iPod touch devices. The TD mobile app gives personal and small business banking customers the ability to securely bank on-the-move, and insurance and wealth management clients the ability to easily connect to TD all through one app. In addition, a North American TD Locator makes it easy to find TD in both Canada and the U.S. - where customers can access their TD accounts without incurring any ATM fees at more than 5,000 TD ATMs on both sides of the border.
"Our new app means TD will be available to our customers everywhere - at home, in meetings, out of town, on public transit, wherever - and we want to provide the services they want when they need it," said Joan Dal Bianco, Vice President, Online Channel, TD. "Today's launch reinforces TD's commitment to offer our customers enhanced mobile services."
The TD mobile app offers:
- A North American TD Locator to help find: TD Canada Trust branches, ATMs and TD Waterhouse Investor Centres in Canada and TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank stores and ATMs in the U.S.;
- The ability to login to TD Canada Trust EasyWeb Internet banking to view account balances and recent activity, view and pay bills and securely transfer funds between eligible accounts;
- Small business banking customers the ability to access their TD Canada Trust Small Business Banking accounts to transfer funds between accounts, pay bills, and review account balances and activities on-the-move;
- Easy connection to EasyLine telephone banking for general inquiries;
- Easy connection to TD Waterhouse agents to open accounts, get market quotes, and to place trades in English, French, Cantonese and Mandarin;
- The ability to connect with TD Insurance specialized agents for instant quoting on Home, Auto, Life and Health insurance or advice on how to file claims;
- An Accident Toolkit from TD Insurance with information on what to do in case of an auto accident and an Accident Notepad to record details of the accident and to help with an auto insurance claim; and
- One-touch links to all TD public websites.
"TD has more than four million online banking users and 850,000 WebBroker clients, so as the demand for smartphones grows, this is a natural evolution for us," said Paal Kaperdal, Senior Vice President, Online Channel, TD. "TD's new app is our initial venture and we will continue to enhance our offering with new features and for additional devices in the months ahead."
Top of Page
19 Canadian works up for Webby Awards
Nineteen Canadian Websites, online videos, interactive ads and mobile content have been nominated for the 14 th Annual Webby Awards, organizers announced today.
Hailed as the "one of the most prestigious awards in the world" by the BBC and the “Internet’s highest honor” by the New York Times, The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet, including Websites, online film and video, interactive advertising, and mobile Websites.
While Academy judges like Martha Stewart, David Bowie, and Richard Branson will select Webby Awards winners, millions of people around the world will also help decide who takes home a Webby by voting in The Webby People’s Voice Awards. Fans have until April 29 th to vote at http://webby.aol.com.
All winners will be celebrated at a star-studded ceremony in New York City on June 14 th, where they must deliver five-word speeches in the tradition of past victors like Al Gore (“Please don’t recount this vote.”) and Jimmy Fallon (“Thank God Conan got promoted”). The speeches will once again be broadcast on the Webby Awards YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/TheWebbyAwards), which attracted a major global audience last year. The ceremony will also mark the culmination of Internet Week New York 2010, a weeklong festival celebrating digital culture that’s expected to draw 20,000 people to over 100 events throughout New York City.
Nominees from Canada include:
- NAWLZ (NetArt) http://www.nawlz.com
- The Pop Shoppe (Best Use of Animation or Motion Graphics) http://thepopshoppe.com/
- History of Flight (Best Visual Design – Aesthetic) http://www.nike.com/jumpman23/historyofflight/
- Empire of the Word (Best Use of Interactive Video) http://www.eotwonline.ca
- Locals Know Secret Spot Emailer (Email Marketing) http://awards10.tribalddb.ca/d9877/
- Leroy Smith Game (Game or Application) http://www.getyourbasketballon.com/game/
- Lucien Website (Restaurant) http://www.lucienrestaurant.com
- 1000 Awesome Things (Blog – Cultural) http://www.1000awesomethings.com
- Waterlife.nfb.ca (Movie and Film)
- NFB Films iPhone App (Best Use of Mobile Video) http://beta.nfb.ca/free-downloads/nfb-iphone-app/
- Waterlife.nfb.ca (Documentary: Individual Episode) http://waterlife.nfb.ca
- Behind the Veil (Documentary: Series) http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/behind-the-veil/
- Baudrillard's Blender (Student – Online Film and Video) http://www.baudrillardsblender.com
- The Pizza Slap (Student – Online Film and Video) http://www.youtube.com/PizzaSlap
- Hit the Road: Tofino (Travel & Adventure – Online Film and Video http://www.hittheroad.tv/
- Renew the World (Activism) http://www.stemcellfoundation.ca
- Waterlife.nfb.ca (Education) http://waterlife.nfb.ca
- Love Letters to the Future (Green) http://www.loveletterstothefuture.com
- Waterlife.nfb.ca (Green) http://waterlife.nfb.ca
Unlike other awards shows, The Webby Awards also allows the public to vote for winners. Starting today through April 29 th, the public can cast their votes for their favorite nominees in The Webby People’s Voice Awards at: http://webby.aol.com .
Its going to be 10 categories in each of the 3 groups that go on stage--top 10 vote-getter categories in PV, 10 categories chosen by us (be famous!), and 10 randomly selected live at the show.
“We are thrilled to see so many Canadian nominees this year” said David-Michel Davies, Executive Director of the Webby Awards. “This year’s nominees demonstrate that fresh and innovative work is being created all around the world.”
For up-to-date information from Canada’s Webby ambassador, please visit the Webby Awards’ global blog at: http://www.webbyawards.com/webby_global/blog/
Winners of the 14 th Annual Webby Awards will be announced on May 4 th, 2010 and will be honored at an awards gala on June 14 th, 2010 in New York City. In keeping with Webby Awards tradition, all speeches will be kept to just five words.
About The Webby Awards:
Hailed as the "Internet's highest honor" by the New York Times, The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet, including Websites, interactive advertising, online film and video, and mobile web sites. Established in 1996, the 13th Annual Webby Awards received nearly 10,000 entries from all 50 states and over 60 countries worldwide. The Webby Awards is presented by The International Academy of Digital Arts and Sciences. Sponsors and Partners of The Webby Awards include: Microsoft Expression; Aol; YouTube; Pepsi; Aquent; Yahoo!; Tribal DDB Worldwide; East Media; IDG; PricewaterhouseCoopers; 2advanced.Net; KobeMail; Museum of the Moving Image; Behance; Business Insider and Time Out New York.
Top of Page
Spider Marketing rides away with Canadian Tire promotion
Energizer, one of the world's largest manufacturers of primary batteries, battery-powered devices and flashlights -- is launching a consumer promotion entitled Energizer Bike-a-Day Giveaway in partnership with Canadian Tire, running May 5 th – June 15 th in 474 locations nationally. Coinciding with “Schwinn Month,” consumers can enter online at www.energizer.ca to be eligible to win one of 42 Schwinn prize packs including bicycles and other branded accessories such as trailers and helmets from Dorel Distribution. Created by Spider Marketing Solutions Inc. (www.spiderms.com) -- the Toronto-based, privately held full-service marketing communications agency -- the campaign includes in-store POS materials, flyers, online advertising, e-blasts and postings on the Yummy Mummy blog, all targeting young families who enjoy being active.
“The promotion will create brand awareness and excitement with our target audience while strengthening ties with our retail partner Canadian Tire, all with a sense of fun,” explains Kar y n Percival-Berry, brand leader, Energizer. “Spider has created a compelling, interactive contest that will drive traffic to both the energizer.ca site and in-store, while generating sales,” she adds.
“The Energizer brand essence is one of fun and high energy,” says Yanna Boland, account director, Spider Marketing Solutions. “Our promotions should be simple and exciting, allowing our target to get outside and be active while reinforcing our key messaging of keep going,” she concludes.
Spider developed all of the creative elements for the campaign and is responsible for all elements of event pre-promotion and execution. Top of Page
MobileBits to set new standards in mobile search
MobileBits Holdings Corp., (OTC Bulletin Board: MBIT), a global technology company, today announced its plans to launch the world's first automated mobile answer application, MobileBits. With MobileBits, consumers will now be able to ask questions and quickly receive relevant answers and information on a broad scope of content.
Designed specifically to meet the needs of mobile consumers, the MobileBits application will simplify access to a world of content and enhance performance by delivering answers, not links, to search queries. The mobile community will be able to ask questions on a wide variety of information such as "What is the status of Southwest flight 2974?" or "What is the 52 week high for MBIT?".
"Experiences in our past projects have demonstrated there is enormous value in the ability to connect the mobile community to specific information in the fewest clicks," said Walter Kostiuk, MobileBits Founder. "MobileBits leverages millions of dollars in technology search assets and many years of know-how to capitalize on this valuable marketplace and deliver an easy-to-use solution that returns answers with accurately matched advertisements."
MobileBits will offer its answer engine free of charge to consumers. The Company intends to generate revenue through its proprietary ad-matching system; connecting highly targeted advertisements to answers and consumer interests - as determined by the type of questions asked and their location. The Company believes this approach to targeting mobile ads will increase the probability that consumers will pay attention to a particular retailer 'call to action'.
"The value of the mobile economy increases exponentially when consumers are connected with relevant and compelling advertising at the exact time of their interest," Kostiuk further states.
Available this year, MobileBits plans to offer applications on the leading smartphones and will also be accessible on any device with an internet browser. Initially available in English, the Company plans to support multiple languages to increase its global market. Top of Page
Innovations to mobile banking from CIBC
After an overwhelming client response to becoming the first bank in Canada to introduce a Mobile Banking App for iPhone, CIBC today furthered its market leadership in mobile banking by introducing an innovative mobile banking experience for clients using an Internet-enabled BlackBerry or another smartphone. Clients can now take advantage of the latest graphics capabilities to make banking on the go an even better client experience.
These further innovations follow the launch of the CIBC Mobile Banking App for iPhone in February, which made CIBC the first major bank in Canada to launch a mobile banking App for iPhone. The App surpassed 100,000 downloads in just over one month following launch, and continues to grow rapidly in popularity, with over 1 million client logins to CIBC Mobile Banking since its introduction.
"The overwhelming response we have received from our clients using CIBC's Mobile Banking App for iPhone or accessing our mobile banking services through their BlackBerry demonstrates there is a pent up need and demand for these services in Canada," said Christina Kramer, Executive Vice-President, Distribution Services, CIBC Retail Markets. "Our clients are clearly showing through their behaviour that mobile banking is very important to them, and has enhanced their overall banking experience."
CIBC clients are embracing the opportunity to bank on the go:
- Transferring funds between accounts and checking account balances are the most common transactions for clients using CIBC Mobile Banking, highlighting the value of having access to day-to-day banking while on the go.
- In about 60 seconds, most clients are completing day-to-day banking transactions such as a bill payment, account transfer, or INTERAC Email Money Transfer, highlighting the ease of use and flexibility clients enjoy when using mobile banking.
"Our clients are giving us great feedback on how using CIBC Mobile Banking has made their day-to-day banking easier and more convenient," added Kramer. "Whether it's making a bill payment, checking account balances in line at the grocery store, or finding your nearest CIBC branch, our clients are saving time and getting transactions done quickly using CIBC Mobile Banking and it's made their banking experience even better."
CIBC clients can access CIBC Mobile Banking at cibc.mobi. Top of Page
SIRIUS Canada launches satellite radio app for BlackBerry
SIRIUS Canada, the country's leading audio entertainment company, today announced the launch of its official satellite radio app for BlackBerry users in Canada.
The SIRIUS App, available for free at www.sirius.ca/blackberry will allow SIRIUS Canada subscribers with a compatible BlackBerry device to stream more than 100 channels of SIRIUS Satellite Radio's leading news, sports, entertainment and commercial-free music content over cellular and WiFi networks. Blackberry users who are not yet SIRIUS subscribers will be able to sign up for a free 14-day trial.
"We're excited to launch our BlackBerry listening app for SIRIUS subscribers in Canada," said Mark Redmond, President and CEO, SIRIUS Canada Inc. "Our mobile listening apps for the iPhone, iPod touch and now for BlackBerry smartphones give subscribers more choice of how they want to access SIRIUS' unmatched sports, news, entertainment and commercial-free music content. This is also an excellent opportunity for BlackBerry users in Canada to sample SIRIUS programming with a 14-day trial."
SIRIUS Canada's new BlackBerry App follows the successful launch of its streaming app for the iPhone and iPod touch. The SIRIUS App was the number one free app on Apple's iTunes Store four days after launch.
At launch, the free App will be available on the following BlackBerry models:
- Storm(TM) 9530
- Storm2(TM) 9550
- Bold(TM) 9000
- Bold(TM) 9700
- Tour(TM) 9630
- Curve(TM) 8900
- Curve(TM) 8520
- Curve(TM) 8530
Free 14-Day SIRIUS Trial
BlackBerry users in Canada who are not yet SIRIUS subscribers can sign up for a free 14-day trial of the service. Following the trial, users will be given the option to become a SIRIUS subscriber. Top of Page
SAS takes social media marketing to the enterprise
Global corporations are seeking ways to convert social media data into better customer relationships, stronger customer service, enhanced marketing efforts and improved bottom-line results. They are struggling to derive practical insight from a flood of online conversation data and apply it to real-world decisions. Corporate marketers and agencies want more than the current one-size-fits-all offerings. They want to integrate social data across all areas of their businesses, answer key questions, and apply the answers to specific business decisions. SAS, the leader in business analytics , understands what social marketers require from online conversation data and is offering new software to make the business benefits of embracing social media a reality.
SAS Social Media Analytics is the first enterprise solution designed to meet the needs of marketers in medium and large companies. It helps them understand, predict and act based on social media data. With the ability to archive and analyze more than two years of social media conversations from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, discussion forums, blogs and more, SAS’ new on-demand software shows marketers how people feel about their products or brands, who is influencing them, and how social media conversations affect business results. They can immediately apply answers to brand strategies, media placement, public relations and customer care activities.
"SAS' new social media solution is a game changer," said Katie Paine, CEO of KDPaine & Partners. "I never thought automated measurement could achieve this level of accuracy, and so seamlessly integrate human coding to deliver the precision customers demand. With its analytics expertise, its big-picture view of measurement, and its technological know-how, SAS' entry into this marketplace will bring this industry to a whole new level. One in which marketers won't just be able to measure more, but better, and deliver more accurate, actionable information on which to base their decisions."
SAS Social Media Analytics is built on SAS’ strengths in advanced analytics and data integration. SAS Social Media Analytics offers seven distinct advantages:
- Enterprise-level capabilities – SAS Social Media Analytics can collect and analyze huge quantities of data, both structured and unstructured, from internal and external sources. Integrating with CRM and marketing systems, the solution aligns social media monitoring with overall business strategy and tactics.
- A long-term view – SAS Social Media Analytics maintains a continuous archive of online data stretching back more than two years at the start, building over time the ability to understand trends and update historical analyses based on new information.
- Predictive analytics – The software delivers the ability to quantify influence, forecast future volume of social media conversations, and then predict their impact on the business. This helps companies allocate resources, create “what-if” scenarios and correlate key marketing metrics like brand preference, Web traffic, online campaign effectiveness and media mix.
- Extensible Language Processing – Statistical models miss colloquialisms and slang. Unlike “black-box” offerings, SAS lets marketers and analysts adjust the rules that assign sentiment to topics and apply subject-matter expertise to improve statistical approaches and better classify text. This hybrid approach provides more accurate sentiment extraction rules that give a more complete picture of customer likes and dislikes and better answers to business questions.
- Multi-language support – SAS Social Media Analytics can understand and classify conversations in 13 distinct languages including Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
- Ability to take action – Even the best data analysis is only useful if it reaches decision makers on time, in an easily understood manner. SAS Social Media Analytics delivers real-time insights through Web-based dashboards, reports and workflow-enabled alerts. This enables organizations to respond in a timely and consistent fashion across brands, business units and service groups.
- Industry expertise – SAS has customers in nearly every industry. SAS Social Media Analytics reflects our understanding of those fields and provides industry-specific language processing to ensure higher accuracy and relevance.
"SAS' expertise is analytics. Analyzing social media for business insights is the perfect fit for SAS," said Alan Webber, Partner at Altimeter Group LLC. "With SAS Social Media Analytics companies can understand who is doing what, where, and why in social media. With this new solution SAS has an opportunity to redefine the Social Media Analytics space."
“Consumers are online right now talking about your products and services, their experience, and their likes and dislikes. Smart marketers aren’t just listening to online chatter; they are analyzing it to better focus resources and build engagement and loyalty,” said Mark Chaves, Director of Media Intelligence solutions at SAS. “SAS Social Media Analytics helps marketers combine data from online conversations with other data to build a more complete picture of each customer. And then use these analytically driven insights to predict and act.”
SAS Social Media Analytics is being offered as an OnDemand solution. Like other SAS Solutions OnDemand, this offering gives business users all the analytical power of SAS with the ability to get the solution up and running quickly. And as an OnDemand solution, it is available globally today. Top of Page